Alexandria Day Trip from Cairo
Take a fascinating tour to Alexandria from Cairo in the company of own Egyptologist guide.The second largest city in Egypt,Alexandria has an atmosphere that is more Mediterranean than Middle Eastern and is famous for its Roman remains.With your own Egyptologist guide to lead the way,you’ll enjoy personalized attention on your tour of Alexandria. During the tour, you can determine the amount of time you’d like to spend at each of the sites you’ll visit. Alexandria was founded by Alexander the Great in 332 B.C., and was the capital of Graeco-Roman Egypt. Your first stop in this historic city is the catacombs of Kom ash-Shuqqafa, a Roman burial site whose family tomb reveals the merging of Egyptian and Roman art and architecture. Descend below ground to visit the tomb and Caracalla Hall. Back above ground, continue to Pompey’s Pillar, an 82-feet (25-meter) granite column built to honor Emperor Diocletian, who freed the besieged city and brought food to its starving people. Continuing the Roman theme, the next site your guide will show you is the fort of Qaitbay,built in 1477 to protect the eastern side of the city.the fort was built on the same location of the great lighthouse of Alexandria.After lunch (additional cost) you will visit the famous AlexandriaLibrary. In contrast to the ancient architecture found throughout Egypt, the Norwegian-designed building is a striking piece of modern design. A copy of every book published in the world is kept in the library, making it one of the great literary sites in the world. The library also houses several exhibitions relating to the history of Egypt and a display of rare antique books (additional cost).
* 7:00am (earlier or later departures are available until 7:30am if required, please advise at time of booking)
Tour departs from centrally located Cairo and Giza hotels
11 hours (approx.)
Tour returns to original point of departure
Tour departs from centrally located Cairo and Giza hotels. Please include the details of your hotel at the time of booking.
* Prices are listed as a guide only. For an exact price quote contact us
* Child prices are not applicable, adult prices apply to all travelers.
* Infants aged 2 years and under are free of charge, provided they do not occupy a seat
* Prices are per person.
* Our pricing is updated constantly to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
* Qualified Egyptologist guide
* Entrance fees
* Lunch (if option selected)
* Hotel pickup and drop off
* Transport by air conditioned vehicl
* Gratuities (recommended)
* Food and drinks, unless specified