Full Day tour to Alexandria
Start your trip by visiting the pearl of the Mediterannean, the city founded by Alexander the great and once the capitol of Egypt and the entire ancient world.
Start your tour of Alexandria by visiting the catacombs of Kom el Shoqafa, a unique tomb carved into the rock which consists of three levels. The art is a unique combination of Egyptian, Greek and Roman influences and is considered one of the Seven Wonders of the Middle Ages.
From the catacombs, proceed to the Roman amphitheater, the only amphitheater in Egypt. You can also explore the Roman bath, the Villa of the Birds, and some sunken antiquities. Drive along the coast to visit the Fort of Qaitbay which dates back to 1477 a.d. It was built on the old location of the Lighthouse of Alexandria which was one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World.
After a photo at the Fort, we will have lunch at a seafood restaurant called the Fishmarket. Queen Sophia of Spain, former president of Palestine Yasser Arafat and many other celebrities luncheoned there.
The conclusion of our tour will be to visit the great Library of Alexandria, built in 2002 by UNESCO in honor of the ancient library, lost during the reign of Cleopatra but still remembered for the knowledge it contained. The current library of Alexandria containes over 5,000,000 books as well as many exhibitions and even a planetorium. From there we will drive back to Cairo.
* 9:00am (earlier or later departures are available until 10:00am if required, please advise at time of booking
Tour departs from centrally located Cairo and Giza hotels
10 – 11hours (approx.)
Tour returns to original point of departure
Tour departs from centrally located Cairo and Giza hotels. Please include the details of your hotel at the time of booking.
|Traveler||1||2 – 4||5 -8|
|Price||135 $||95$||75 $|
* Child prices are not applicable, adult prices apply to all travelers.
* Infants aged 2 years and under are free of charge, provided they do not occupy a seat
• Pick up services from your hotel and back to your hotel .
• All transfers by a private air-conditioned vehicle.
• Private English Egyptologist guide.
• Entrance fees to all the mentioned sites.
• Mineral water on board the vehicle during the tour
• Lunch at Fish market Restaurant .
• All taxes & service charge
• Any extras not mentioned in the itinerary . . Tipping .